2011年8月31日星期三

巨大的殺手蠍子魚被發現在愛爾蘭海岸

巨大的殺手蠍子魚被發現在愛爾蘭海岸
Giant Killer Scorpion Fish Spotted Off Irish Coast
Monday, 29 August 2011
Translation by Autumnson Blog
A deadly scorpion fish has been spotted off Ireland's east coast.
一條致命的蝎子魚已被發現在愛爾蘭的東海岸。

Divers Brendan Moran (50) and Dave Kerr were swimming in shallow water at Greystones when they caught sight of a giant venomous scorpion fish.
潛水員布倫丹莫蘭(50歲)和戴夫克爾在Greystones的淺灘中游泳,當時他們瞥見一條巨大的有毒蝎子魚。
Mr Moran, who has over 800 dives behind him, said the creature's size surprised him.
背後擁有超過800次潛水的莫蘭先生說,該生物的體積令他大吃一驚。
"It's the biggest scorpion fish I have come across in Irish waters," he told Dublin's Evening Herald.
“這是我在愛爾蘭海域所遇到最大的蝎子魚,”他告訴都柏林的晚報。
Normally, they can be held in the palm of a hand but this one was over a foot long, said Mr Moran.
通常情況下,牠們可被握在手掌中,但此一條是超過一英尺長,莫蘭先生說。
A sting from the dorsal fin, or its side fins, could be fatal to a small child or elderly person, he added.
從背鰭或側鰭的一條刺,對一個小孩或老人可能致命,他補充。
"Anyone I met I told about it. I alerted the mayor of Greystones Ciaran Hayden as well," the IT consultant from Bray said.
“我遇到的任何人我都告訴他,我亦驚動了 Greystones的市長夏蘭海登”該位來自布雷的資訊科技顧問說。
He warned that the pain from a sting is "excruciating" and can be "severely incapacitating" for swimmers.
他警告,來自刺的痛苦是“難以忍受”的,及可以令泳客“嚴重失能”。
"I have been diving for 20 years and I have never seen that size (in Irish waters). Only in the Red Sea have I seen them that size," Mr Moran said.
“我已潛水20年,和我從來沒有見過那般大的(在愛爾蘭水域),我只有在紅海看過那麽大的,”莫蘭先生說。
He has "no idea" why such a large one was off the Co Wicklow coast.
他“沒主意”為什麼有這麼大的一條在Co 威克洛海岸。
It was hiding in the undergrowth before he saw it and started filming.

Mr Moran, who lives in Loreto Grange and is a member of the Wicklow Aquanauts club, said swimmers should never touch it.

He has dived all over the world and always carries a waterproof camera when he goes out.

During the summer, he goes scuba diving several times a week and last year managed to capture footage of a 10-foot long red jellyfish.

A sting from a scorpion fish can be very serious. In 2005, an Englishman nearly died when he was stung by a scorpion fish while on holiday on the Greek island of Rhodes.

A rare allergic reaction to the venom meant that he was just minutes from death.

However, he managed to get medical attention in time.

If you are stung, the advice is to submerge the wound under very hot water for as long as possible and seek medical assistance.
http://beforeitsnews.com/story/1025/539/Giant_Killer_Scorpion_Fish_Spotted_Off_Irish_Coast.html

沒有留言: