搜尋此網誌

2018年11月8日星期四

瘋狂愚蠢的勇氣: 意志力的心理學

瘋狂愚蠢的勇氣: 意志力的心理學

Crazy Stupid Courage: The Psychology of Grit


“I love the fall of those brave enough to fail for the right reasons. Fuck the easy glory of mere excellence. The only legacy I will accept is to know that however far I got — it was as far as I was capable of going. I want to drown in my own sweat knowing there was nothing left.” ~Jared Singer & Anthony Ragle

Ask yourself: would you rather be considered courageous and stupid or cowardly and smart?
Sure, the ideal is courageous and smart, but that is rarely an option if you’re wanting to be courageous. Why is it rarely an option? Because doing the smart thing is usually safe and rarely courageous. Because to be considered courageous there needs to be some level of sacrifice involved. Because courage is usually predicated upon doing something where you are afraid, you are outnumbered, you are overwhelmed by the odds, or you are in some kind of danger.
Personally, I’d rather be considered courageous and stupid than be a coward sitting up in an ivory tower in my vain smartness judging through insecure hindsight bias. Because there’s a fine line between courage and stupidity, but it usually depends on the resulting social perception of the situation.

沒有留言: