更新時間 2010年 1月 30日, 格林尼治標準時間07:47
Israel OKs new controversial weapon
Fri, 22 Jan 2010 16:50:12 GMT
The Thunder Generator produces shock waves that result in a loud sonic boom and extreme air pressure.
Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak has approved the use and sale of a new weapon that simulates a feeling of being shot in those targeted.
The cannon called "the Thunder Generator" has been produced by the Netanya-based technology development advisory firm, Army-Tec company, is capable of creating shockwaves that pass through people.
大砲被稱為“雷霆產生器”，由內坦亞為基地的技術開發顧問公司 - 陸軍科技公司 - 生產，是能夠製造震波穿透人身。
The feeling of "being hit" produced by the stun gun is said to be similar to that of standing in front of a firing squad.
The weapon uses a mixture of liquefied petroleum, cooking gas and air which traveling through the cannon barrel detonates and intensifies until it exits.
The process generates a succession of 60 to 100 high-velocity shock bursts per minute, each traveling at about 2,000 meters per second and lasting up to 300 milliseconds, according to a report by Defense News website, citing company data.
"That's more than enough for hours of continuous operation," said ArmyTec President Shlomo Tabak, a former Israeli military special operations officer, describing the new device as "controlled and safe."
Experts, however, say the Thunder Generator could be lethal or inflict permanent damage if fired at less than 10 meters.
Israeli minister: Third war on Lebanon in sight
Sat, 23 Jan 2010 16:14:28 GMT
An Israeli cabinet minister warns of the third Israeli war on Lebanon amid reports that Tel Aviv has mobilized its troops.
Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu (C) meets with Israeli soldiers.
"We are heading toward a new confrontation in the north," said minister without portfolio, Yossi Peled in remarks carried by military radio and the Israeli news website Ynet, the AFP reported.
The London-based A-Sharq al-Awsat newspaper reported Friday that the troops had been called to the northern the borders Lebanon to carry out "military maneuvers."
"I don't know when it will happen, just as we did not know when the second Lebanon war would erupt," Peled added, referring to Israel's ground and aerial bombardment of southern Lebanon in 2006, which left some 1,200, mostly civilian, Lebanese dead.
The 33-Day War and another bloody incursion in 2000 were fought off by Lebanon's Hezbollah resistance movement, which is an active member of the country's coalition government.
The movement has, meanwhile, reportedly tightened security measures along Lebanon's southern border in reaction to successive reports of Israeli military escalation.
Peled added that Israel would hold Hezbollah and Syria responsible for any attack on Israel.
Hezbollah leader, Seyyed Hassan Nasrallah and authorities in Damascus have repeatedly warned Tel Aviv against warlike incitements, promising due response.
Israel to station German nuclear submarine in PG
Mon, 18 Jan 2010 10:37:43 GMT
Ahead of an Israeli-German cabinet meeting in Berlin, median reports indicate that Israel intends to station one of its German-made Dolphin submarines in the waters of the Persian Gulf.
GAZA IS NOT ALONE; THE ENTIRE WEST BANK IS UNDER SIEGE
January 20, 2010 at 10:53 am
In a new effort to discourage, in fact stop, foreign nationals from volunteering in Humane organisations in the Occupied Territories, Israel has stopped issuing work permits to them. Israel has been successful in maintaining the siege on Gaza by not allowing foreigners to enter the area with much needed medical and building equipment. That, apparently is not enough; the zionist’s tentacles have now reached over to the entire Occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem as well….. as can be seen in the following report……
在新的努力中去減少，實際上是停止，在被佔領土地上的人道組織的志願外國國民，以色列已停止發放工作許可證給他們。以色列一直成功地保持對加沙的封鎖，不允許外國人携帶極需要的醫療和建築設備進入該地區。顯然這是不夠的，猶太复國主義者的觸角，現在已經來到了整個被佔領的約旦河西岸和東耶路撒冷，以及... ..正如在以下報告可看到的... ...
(長文，pls enter link)
更新時間 2010年 1月 20日, 格林尼治標準時間16:49
Sources: Iran ordered convoy attack
Published: Jan. 19, 2010 at 8:05 AM
AMMAN, Jordan, Jan. 19 (UPI) -- An attack on an Israeli diplomatic convoy in Jordan was carried out on instructions from Iran, Jordanian intelligence sources say.
1月19日約旦首都安曼（合眾國際社） - 以色列外交車隊在約旦遭受攻擊，是實行由伊朗來的指示，據約旦情報消息人士說。
Citing sources close to Jordan's General Intelligence Department, The Jerusalem Post reported Tuesday the GID was looking into suspicions the explosives used in last week's failed assassination attempt were smuggled into Jordan by Iranian diplomats.
The Post's sources said the attack was apparently perpetrated by local al-Qaida figures who received money and explosives from Tehran, and was likely in retaliation for the assassination of Iranian scientist Massoud Ali Muhammad in Tehran last week.
The Jordanian sources said the attack on the Israeli diplomatic convoy was similar to the assault on the slain Iranian professor, who died when a remote-controlled bomb on a motorcycle exploded.
"We can see Iran's fingerprints on the roadside bombing," the sources told the Post. "The investigation is continuing in various directions."
The al-Arabiya broadcast news network reported Tuesday an Amman taxi driver was arrested on suspicion of involvement in the Israeli assassination try, the newspaper said.